Village of Dundee Code of Ordinances
This Ordinance is based on the adopted Village of Dundee Master Plan and any similar adopted plans addressing development patterns and goals. It is intended to regulate the use of land, buildings, and structures to promote the public health, safety, and general welfare by accomplishing the following:
- Protecting the historic, distinctive character, and walkable scale of the Village of Dundee.
- Promoting the orderly development of the Village by regulating the intensity of use of land and lot areas and determining the area of open spaces surrounding buildings and structures.
- Lessening and avoiding congestion and traffic conflicts in the public highways and streets.
- Meeting the needs of residents of the Village and surrounding areas, for food, fiber, energy, and other natural resources, places of residence, recreation, industry, trade, service, and other uses of land.
- Facilitating adequate and efficient provision for transportation systems, sewage disposal, water, energy, education, recreation, and other public service and facility needs.
- Fixing reasonable standards to which buildings and structures shall conform.
- Preventing the inappropriate overcrowding of land, the congestion of population, and undue concentration of buildings, structures, transportation systems, and other public facilities so far as possible and appropriate in each zoning district by regulating the use and bulk of buildings in relation to the land surrounding them.